Monday, September 27, 2010

I love Port Jervis!

I am having a love affair with the small town (city?) where I bought a house/studio last year. It's not fancy and hasn't "happened" yet like nearby Milford, Pa, but it has a gritty edge that I love. The town does festivals and parades and has a bunch of antique shops where many Manhattan dealers get some of their stock.

Yesterday we had something called a Fall Foliage Festival with food and music and people selling all varieties of objects. There was a display of vintage cars and a wonderful, vibrant crowd of people enjoying the day.

The town is very friendly and there is an emerging art scene growing, I think. My heart is sad every time I have to drive away from the place and it quickens when I see it from Route 84, nestled by the Delaware River in a valley. And did I mention there is a NJ Transit/Metronorth train from Penn Station?

No comments: